Wednesday, October 12, 2022

G3 Ghoulia Yelps Review

 




My husband surprised me with Ghoulia, Cleo and Clawdeen that he got from Target the day of their release! I was super surprised and happy! It's been awhile since he's surprised me with dolls. 

Ghoulia is one of my favorite's of the reimaging (it's not really a reboot) G3 dolls, along with Cleo, and Draculaura. 

Ghoulia is a Target exclusive. With that out of the way let's get on with the review.

Ghoulia comes in a box like all the others. Except the back has her artwork and on the side are designs specific to her.

I didn't take pictures of her in box because I was too excited to get her out. But here is everything she comes with.


The Accessories

Ghoulia comes with her Icoffin, Backpack, a snack, Skateboard, a handheld game console (looks like a DS lite or Switch) and of course her pet Sir Hoots Alot, as well as her beanie I forgot to add in the picture below. She comes wearing her glasses and earrings. 


I'll start off first with her Icoffin, it is coffin shaped like all the others with a green slime case with a pink brain on it. The sticker has her apps and OG skullette. Ghoulia's new accent color is a hot or dark pink btw...I prefer red but hopefully we'll get that in later releases. As well as green. Her main color I think is dark blue. 


Ghoulia comes with an orange bag of brain puffs (an homage to her Gen 1 Dead Tired doll which came with brain puffs that looked like popcorn and were red.) It is a solid plastic but has a lot of fun designs on it. Of which I didn't take a pic of because I wasn't planning on doing reviews again....

I didn't take a close up of her game either but you can see it in the image above. It is green with what look like teeth around the edge of the "screen" and the game looks like a monster version of Animal Crossing or the rhythm game 'Friday Night Funkin'.

Here she is holding it. While on her skateboard.


Speaking of, yes Ghoulia no longer has a scooter or mo-ped, as those are a bit outdated and don't have the staying power of a skateboard (or bike) I can see why they gave her something else. I think it would be cool if she came with a motorbike later on but I feel like that is better suited for Torelai, The Werecat Twins or Deuce. 

Ghoulia's skateboard is pink on one side with light blue wheels, that do move, and Deadfast on the bottom! I love that she still has the same favorite superhero! Which I'm terrible and didn't take a picture of... but you can see it in the images above.

Next is her large backpack, it is a dark or bright blue (depending on the light) made to look like brains with a pink zipper on the front and does open at the top.

                               It can fit most of her items, like her Icoffin, Game console, Beanie and Chips!

Lastly (I'm going to show her beanie with the accessories she's wearing) is her pet owl. Sir Hoots Alot looks the most similar to his G1 self, out of the pets. Just cuter and bigger, the red glasses do come off but the tuffs of fur meant to hold the glasses on don't work that well. I recommend just leaving them rubber banded to his face.

Of course I didn't take a picture...I was more unprepared for this review than I thought, sorry.

Ghoulia also comes with a grey cotton beanie that has a small pink brain decal ironed on. I wish it was all over or some slime on the rolled edges. It does look cute on her though. I feel like the grey and silver is a nod to her G1's skin color. As you can see this Ghoulia has light green or mint skin. 

Her earrings are my favorite (after her skateboard and jacket) they are large silver tombstones that say RIP. Her glasses are hot pink and triangular. 

The Makeup

Ghoulia has light brown thick eyebrows (which was a choice) and pink eyeshadow with silver and green along the bottom,with thick eyeliner on top. Her lips are pink as well with a slight smile. Her eyes are a green blue color. I like it but again I wish her lips were red.




The Hair

Ghoulia's long straight hair is still blue but it's a darker blue then G1 with a few lighter streaks. It's super soft as well if a bit thin. But it is Monster High, they never had the thickest hair although I think out of all of G1 Ghoulia and Lagoona had the thickest hair, along with Clawdeen at times. 


Sorry for the poor quality...

The Outfit
Last but certainly not least is Ghoulia's outfit. She comes wearing a top, jacket, boots and yes a skirt. I don't get it either, especially when she's a skater girl, I wish she had pants so lets hope in later releases she get's some. I would have actually liked her top and skirt design to be switched, maybe black pants with that design and a vinyl pink top with a zipper detail? idk either way I still like it.

I'll start with my favorite piece, her jacket, it is meant to look oversized and has a black and white brain design all over along with green ribbon down the sleeves that say Braaaiiins in pink. 

Her top is a thin black material with cropped sleeves and a cute iron on decal of a brain heart in pink,lavender,green and yellow ombre with a light design all around it. Some have said these are Neurodivergent colors, I'm not so I can't speak on it (I do have a nephew who is Autistic though) but G1 Ghoulia was always head cannoned as Autistic, so it would be nice if she actually was. 
The skirt is hot pink and made out of a shiny vinyl material and has a white ribbon with broken pink brain hearts around the waist, it is medium length with a jagged bottom, as well as a faux bright green zipper going down the skirt with a skullette zipper pull. 
I wish it was real but this is Mattel we're talking about. 




Ghoulia's boots are pretty cool (though I think Lagoona and Frankie's are the best so far) they are silver combat boots with molded pink laces and molded on buckles, the soles are black and made to look like brain matter or zombie guts?


That is it for Ghoulia Yelps. All in all I really like her, Not in love that they changed her color scheme from red to pink but maybe they'll change it back and give her pants! Other then that I love her, and I really didn't notice her skin tone until someone pointed it out, same with Frankie...

I will be doing Draculaura (as soon as USPS gets their act together...) Lagoona, Frankie and Deuce in upcoming reviews, so stay tuned! As well as The Coffin Bean playset! 














No comments:

Post a Comment