Saturday, October 8, 2022

G3 Cleo De Nile Review

 

I found the G3 dolls at Target (Deuce Gorgon is an Amazon exclusive, while Torelai is a Walmart exclusive) so next on My review list is the queen herself, Cleo De Nile!

Sorry I forgot to take pics of the box but it's the same as all the others except her artwork on the back.

I won't be talking about her body type or doing comparisons, I will be saving that for another post when I can get My G1 dolls out of storage. I will as usual start with the accessories. 

The Accessories

All the basic dolls come with a ton of accessories, Cleo is no exception. 

Cleo comes with her Icoffin of course, Food, a drink, backpack, makeup, sunglasses, a jacket and her pet. 


Starting off with her sunglasses, they are the same mold as Gloom Beach Cleo's but in yellow or gold.

G1's sunglasses pictured here on My and My friend's GB Cleo. Also the earrings!

Her Icoffin is My favorite, it has the same sticker on the front as the others with her skullette, but the back is gold and looks like The Egyptian God Anubis!


Cleo's food is a Gyro wrap (get it?) filled with what looks like Tomato, lettuce and some type of meat. Her drink is in a literal sarcophagus or Sar COFFEE gus.... with an Anubis or dog shaped lid. Fun fact: those are actually used to store organs in...maybe Cleo's heart is in there? (watch the first episode of the new animated series to get the reference.) 

She also comes with a small makeup pallet shaped like a diamond, with pink, gold and teal eyeshadows. It is very hard to open. Also I didn't get any pictures of them on their own...But here is Cleo holding the "cup"


Cleo's backpack is my favorite, it is a gold (or that yellow gold they like using) pyramid, with teal scarabs on it, the scarabs do come off for some reason...It is a hard plastic with straps and a winged handle (which she has a hard time holding) that opens in the front. She can store 3 items.



Cleo's jacket is tight but not so tight that she can't move her arms. It is made to look like mummy wraps in teal and a cream color, along the bottom of the arms are gold ribbons. Looks kinda western to me but I get what they were trying to do.


Cleo comes wearing an Egyptian wing headband, Large triangle earrings (that are a bigger version of her Gloom Beach pair) and a gold belt with a green eye of Horus in the middle, a long strap (which is a bit annoying) and two rows of molded beads looped to one side in gold and turquoise. 


The headband is my favorite piece. 
last but certainly not least would be her adorable pet, No not Hissette this time...though I saw in images that she still has her, Tut her puppy who is a shiny blue color with long ears (one up, one down) matching eyes and gold eyebrows, the dog also has a headdress on and Egyptian collar. 
The pets are not as small this time and in my opinion cuter. (I only really liked Hissette, Dustin, Rhuen, Sweet Fang and att Crescent, though G3's is way cuter.)
Also Egyptian's had cats and birds around them as well so it wouldn't be a surprise if Cleo has more then one animal. 

 
The Makeup
Cleo has golden skin and prominent ears, which I love! Her eyebrows are black, thick and fade out towards the end. 
Her eye makeup is a grey or charcoal color along with a shimmery light gold. As well as a yellow and blue crease. Her thick black kohl eyeliner is done up on one side to mimic the eye of Horus and she has long lashes. Along with blueish gold or Hazel eyes and a bit of contour or rogue. 

Her lips are a dark red with a gold stripe on the bottom lip. I love her makeup, and I think Cleo is the one that looks the most accurate to her G1 counterpart, if not better! 


The Hair
Cleo's long blue black hair is parted off to one side and yes it has tinsel....I don't think I'm going to remove mine this time as it doesn't look bad and she's my first G3 Cleo. It is very soft. No bangs but not all her dolls in G1 had bangs either. Though I was hoping she'd have her brown/black hair back instead of looking like her sister again....Is Nefera getting a different color scheme in G3? Maybe gold and black or a lighter teal?
All in all it is pretty but I will have to straighten out her box hair, since just brushing didn't work. 





The Outfit

Realized I forgot to include Cleo's neck piece in the accessories section, so I will here. It is a very detailed, Ancient Egyptian inspired piece with a gold choker, a green "gem" in the middle, blue detailing around the gold, and a large blue scarab? in the middle encircled in orange, molded to that is a blue "gem" with gold tear drop accents. 

Her outfit is all one piece and consists of a teal or blue wrap mini dress, plain on one side, and an Egyptian pattern on the other, consisting of peacock feathers and hieroglyphs. A gold trim goes down the middle separating the two and also along the bottom. 
The sleeves are printed to look like mummy wraps. And yes Cleo's body does have molded on mummy wraps, along one arm, hand, one leg and foot. 
Cleo's shoes are calf length boots in an off white color made to look like mummy wrapping, with gold detailed trim, the toe of the boot is an orange color with teal trim and her gold heels are made to look like a staff. 
Not to sure about the added orange and green colors but I like everything else!


And that is all on G3 Cleo De Nile, Hope you liked it! Cleo is my second (or third) favorite G3 doll after Ghoulia and Draculaura! Both of which I will be reviewing next! 






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this detailed review! Now I'm really looking forwadr to G3 Gouls showing up in te shops here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this detailed review! Now I'm really looking forwadr to G3 Gouls showing up in the shops here.

    ReplyDelete